Monday, August 20, 2012

conflicting thoughts

Hello baby. What im about to write is so conflicting to me. I had an ok day, it actually emotional was pretty good, I had to go to the store and there was fall decorations everywhere. For the first time since you died I actually thought about decorating. Putting things out. Im happy I feel that way but Im also sad. Im sad that i feel ok, that I want to decorate with out you. I know there will come a time that I do, and it will never feel right. But tonight that little glimpse of things I used to enjoy, came out. I want to be able to do things like that with out feeling guilty, with out feeling like Im letting you down. I know logically I wont, and that it is ok. But I still cant take away from the fact that I feel that way.

I also feel like since your birthday I have been able to relax a little. That was the worst year of my life. You should be here. But I feel like something is changing. Life is going on with out you. It really hurts me but it also has freed me a little.  I have always known I need to live life for you, but maybe I can actually start. Again its so conflicting in my tiny brain.

My plan was to write to you for a year and then stop. Well I cant stop, I wont stop and mostly I dont need to stop.

Despite my emotions and feeling so conflicted today was a good day. I love you

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand where you are at Suzanne! I know when you decorate your home, you are doing for Max, and Alex. When you are happy you bring meaning to Max's life. I a felt more in the last few months, that I have to be happy, because I am alive and Phoenix isn't, so I must find joy in this world for him. Writ Max when you want, there are no rules. He KNOWS you love him with all of your heart! Lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete